Spike Lee Spits on White House’s Treatment of Jim Acosta, Calls It ‘Disgraceful’

Director Spike Lee (pictured above right) is not happy that the White House has revoked the press pass of CNN’s Jim Acosta.

Acosta’s press pass was taken away after he got into a physical scuffle with a White House intern after refusing to give up his microphone or accept President Donald Trump’s answer about why he considered the migrant caravan headed to the U.S./Mexico border as an “invasion.”

“This guy, I don’t call him by his name, I call him agent orange,” Lee told The Hollywood Reporter about the president in an interview. “Condemning the free press is just disgraceful.”

Asked about the whether the Democrats walked away with significant victories this week in the midterms, Lee said, “The battle isn’t over.”

The filmmaker then added, “Two years can go like that, till the 2020 presidential election … so the fight continues.”

Lee has long been a critic of the president. He said at the premiere of his latest film, “BlacKkKlansman,” this year that Trump is “a man of hate, violence, and can’t be trusted to make moral decisions. We can’t be silent anymore.”

He also told Variety in an interview last year that he’s not sure the world will even survive long enough to deal with Donald Trump’s reelection.

“Shoot, I hope this nuclear code doesn’t get punched. I’m not thinking about 2020,” he said. “Look, you got Putin. You got the other crazy guy in North Korea and this other crazy guy, agent orange. That’s not a good trio for me, my children, for the world.”

Lee’s latest directorial effort, “BlacKkKlansman,” told the true story of a black police officer who infiltrated the Ku Klux Klan. It was a major hit over the summer and marked a comeback for the leftist filmmaker. The movie earned over $48 million at the domestic box …read more

Source:: LifeZette

Former U.S. Attorney General Recommends RICO Investigation Against Antifa

Former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey on Friday morning suggested opening a racketeering and corruption investigation against the far-Left group known as Antifa after a series of violent demonstrations by its members.

“It is a classic RICO operation, a series of crimes committed by a single organization,” Mukasey told host Laura Ingraham on “The Laura Ingraham Show.”

“I think some enterprising U.S. attorney ought to open at least a RICO investigation with respect to Antifa. And I suspect you can make a case.”

Related: Antifa Group in Portland Chased Down and Threatened an Elderly Man — Watch

Mukasey was responding specifically to an incident this week in which Antifa protesters went to the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson and essentially terrorized his wife, who was inside at the time and ultimately called police.

Ingraham asked why something like a RICO lawsuit couldn’t be pursued against the group. RICO — the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act — is a federal law that allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes they ordered others to do or assisted them in doing.

It was implemented to fight the mob during the 1970s.

The Antifa protesters outside Carlon’s home threatened him and his family and damaged his property. The Fox News host wasn’t home at the time; his wife was there alone.

She hid in the house and called the police as the angry crowd chanted right outside the front door. They reportedly even cracked the front door.

Antifa gained increased prominence following the election of President Donald Trump in 2016. They’ve also — stunningly — gained support among lawmakers and many progressives for their supposed mission to fight Nazis and a perceived rise of white supremacy in the United States.

But they often target conservatives more generally — and their tactics are often …read more

Source:: LifeZette

He Survived Vegas Shooting, but ‘Didn’t Come Home’ After Thousand Oaks

One of the individuals who was slain in Wednesday night’s horrible mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, California, managed to survive the massacre last year at the country music festival in Las Vegas, Nevada.

But this time, tragically, his luck ran out.

Telemachus “Tel” Orfanos, who was 27, was among the 12 people who were murdered in cold blood in Wednesday night’s shooting at a popular country music venue, Borderline Bar & Grill, which was packed with young people for its “college country night.”

Many of the patrons were line-dancing when a man named Ian David Long, a former Marine and an Afghanistan war veteran, entered the establishment, tossed in a smoke device — then began murdering people.

It turns out that Orfanos was also a military veteran.

He served in the U.S. Navy from 2011 to 2014 and moved back to California to stay with his parents after he finished his military service, according to multiple outlets. He was employed at a car dealership.

In early October of 2017, Orfanos was among those who attended the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas.

Inside a hotel room in the MGM hotel that overlooked the outdoor concert venue, gunman killed a shocking 58 people — and wounded hundreds more.

“Orfanos made it out alive that night, and on Thursday morning, his mother, Susan Schmidt-Orfanos, was hoping her son had been lucky again,” as Fox News noted.

But the mom (shown above left), understandably shocked, grieving and angry — and her lips quivering — didn’t blame the shooter who ultimately took her son’s life.

No — she told reporters on Thursday that all she wanted was gun control in this country.

“I don’t want prayers. I don’t want thoughts,” she told the media, barely eking out the words.

“I don’t want prayers. I don’t want thoughts. I want gun control.”

Susan Orfanos …read more

Source:: LifeZette

Florida Must Do Everything Possible to ‘Protect the Integrity’ of the Election Process

Florida officials must take “whatever steps are necessary” to “protect the integrity” of the state’s election system, now that the razor-thin gubernatorial and Senate elections appear headed for recounts following Tuesday’s midterm elections, Florida-based attorney Joseph P. Klock Jr. said Thursday night on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle.”

It initially appeared that outgoing Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) and Governor-Elect Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) had prevailed in their races against incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) and Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum, respectively — by comfortable margins.

But the outstanding ballots are mysteriously still pouring in from two key counties: Broward and Palm Beach. Andrew Gillum (pictured above right) now is considering seeking a recount because of the number of outstanding ballots still left to count.

The Bill Nelson campaign (he’s shown above left) announced that his election is also headed for a recount because Scott’s lead suddenly dropped to less than one-half percent.

Scott and the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) sued both Broward County and Palm Beach County on Thursday.

“So, it has been over 48 hours since the polls closed and Broward and Palm Beach Counties are still finding and counting ballots — and the supervisors — Brenda Snipes and Susan Bucher — cannot seem to say how many ballots still exist or where these ballots came from, or where they have been,” Scott told reporters.

“No ragtag group of liberal activists or lawyers from D.C. will be allowed to steal this election from the voters in the state of Florida.”

Scott also said on Fox News’ “Hannity” that “we don’t know how many votes they’re gonna come up with. But it seems they’re going to try to come up with as many votes as it takes to win this election … We’re gonna fight this, and we’re gonna win.”

President Donald Trump tweeted on Thursday evening, “Law …read more

Source:: LifeZette