Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get the day’s top stock and crypto news in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. S&P 500 futures hover at record high as investors shrug off surging inflation. See what markets are doing today.
2. The Bitcoin Mining Council kicks off with MicroStrategy’s boss at the helm. But Elon Musk, who suspended bitcoin payments for Tesla over climate concerns, won’t be part of the forum.
3. AMC insiders cash in another $4.8 million worth of shares. Company execs and board members have taken home about $13 million in the past two weeks alone.
4. BlackRock’s Rieder says the Fed should pull back as inflation runs hot. The central bank will be better served fulfilling its mandate if it begins discussing tapering, he said.
5. Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian said meme stocks are here to stay. He also discussed cryptocurrency regulation, and his new VC firm 776, which plans to raise $150 million.
6. Finance professor Aswath Damodaran warns investors not to get cocky. Here are some highlights from his new interview.
7. On the economic calendar. The Baker Hughes US oil rig count and CFTC gold net positions are due.
8. The CEO of crypto exchange Kraken breaks down why he stands by his $200,000 year-end price target for bitcoin. Jesse Powell also shares 5 tokens that intrigue him.
9. Morningstar lays out the 10 highest-conviction bets being made by US stock-pickers right now. The firm also shares 4 Big Tech names that look cheap.
10. The CIO at a digital asset hedge fund that returned 373% in 2020 breaks down why bitcoin’s sell-off is in its final stages. Jeff Dorman also shares why ether …read more