Summary List Placement
Signal is a highly secure messaging app with end-to-end encryption. The app relies on phone numbers for identifying and communicating with users, so if your phone number changes, you need to update Signal with your new contact information.
Signal doesn’t allow you to change your phone number in a single step. Instead, you need to deregister your old number within the app and then set the app up a second time with your new phone number.
How to change your phone number on Signal on iPhone
1. Open the Signal app on your iPhone.
2. Leave any groups you are a member of so that people don’t continue to send messages to your old phone number. To do that, tap a group chat in your inbox, and then tap the name of the group at the very top of the screen. Then, on the Chat Settings page, tap “Leave Group” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap your profile avatar at the top left of the screen. In the Settings menu, tap “Advanced.”
4. Tap “Delete Account” and confirm you want to do this by tapping “Proceed” in the pop-up window.
5. If you have a new phone number on the same phone, uninstall the Signal app. Then go to the App Store and reinstall Signal.
6. Start the Signal app and follow the instructions to set up the app as if it were new, using your new phone number. If you are switching to a new phone, install Signal from the App Store and then start the app. Follow the directions to set up a new account using your new phone number.
How to change your phone number on Signal on Android
1. Open the Signal app on your Android.
2. Leave any groups you are a member of so that people don’t continue …read more
Source:: Business Insider