If you realize that a specific location, like a business or landmark, isn’t on Google Maps, you can add that location in Google Maps.
Adding locations in Google Maps will help those who search for the location in the future.
You can add locations to Google Maps on desktop or mobile.
Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Google Maps features a robust collection of addresses and businesses around the world. But sometimes you’ll still come across the odd missing location.
Luckily, when that happens, you have the ability to fill the gap by adding the location yourself. Just keep in mind that when you do so, it may take some time for the location to be added, since it may need to be reviewed before being added to Google Maps.
Here’s how to add a location, whether you’re using the desktop version or the mobile iPhone or Android app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (From $999.99 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (From $799.99 at Best Buy)
How to add a location in Google Maps on a computer
1. Go to maps.google.com.
2. Search for the address using the search bar in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. In the sidebar that appears, click “Add a missing place.”
4. Add the location, name, and category of the location (these are required), as well as any other attributes you wish to add, in the pop-up window. There are over a dozen categories to choose from.
5. Click “Send.”
How to add a location in Google Maps on the mobile app
If you have an Android, here’s how to add a location:
1. Open the Google Maps app.
2. Tap the three stacked bars to open the side menu.
3. Select “Send Feedback” and then tap “Add a missing place” to …read more
Source:: Business Insider