He Survived Vegas Shooting, but ‘Didn’t Come Home’ After Thousand Oaks


One of the individuals who was slain in Wednesday night’s horrible mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, California, managed to survive the massacre last year at the country music festival in Las Vegas, Nevada.

But this time, tragically, his luck ran out.

Telemachus “Tel” Orfanos, who was 27, was among the 12 people who were murdered in cold blood in Wednesday night’s shooting at a popular country music venue, Borderline Bar & Grill, which was packed with young people for its “college country night.”

Many of the patrons were line-dancing when a man named Ian David Long, a former Marine and an Afghanistan war veteran, entered the establishment, tossed in a smoke device — then began murdering people.

It turns out that Orfanos was also a military veteran.

He served in the U.S. Navy from 2011 to 2014 and moved back to California to stay with his parents after he finished his military service, according to multiple outlets. He was employed at a car dealership.

In early October of 2017, Orfanos was among those who attended the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas.

Inside a hotel room in the MGM hotel that overlooked the outdoor concert venue, gunman killed a shocking 58 people — and wounded hundreds more.

“Orfanos made it out alive that night, and on Thursday morning, his mother, Susan Schmidt-Orfanos, was hoping her son had been lucky again,” as Fox News noted.

But the mom (shown above left), understandably shocked, grieving and angry — and her lips quivering — didn’t blame the shooter who ultimately took her son’s life.

No — she told reporters on Thursday that all she wanted was gun control in this country.

“I don’t want prayers. I don’t want thoughts,” she told the media, barely eking out the words.

“I don’t want prayers. I don’t want thoughts. I want gun control.”

Susan Orfanos …read more

Source:: LifeZette

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *