Overnight campers, “hatchet man” being booted from Intercept Lot outside Aspen

Officials plan to “roust” a group of people living in their cars at the Intercept Lot within the next two weeks, Aspen’s parking director told valley transportation officials this week.

The effort comes in response to complaints from people who park at the lot to access Roaring Fork Transportation Authority buses that became more pronounced after a report last month about a 35-year-old man brandishing a hatchet at the parking lot for the second time in a year and a half, parking director Mitch Osur said.

“It’s pretty crazy out there,” Osur said Thursday at a meeting of the Elected Officials Transportation Committee in Snowmass Village.

Related Articles

Panasonic’s mini city in a lonely building near DIA offers a peek at futuristic technology

Pay us bitcoin or never see your files again: Inside the highly profitable underworld of ransomware

See inside a 15-by-12-foot mega-pipe that is part of Denver’s largest modern storm drainage project

Ransomware strikes CDOT for second time even as agency still recovering from first SamSam attack

SamSam ransomware virus keeps CDOT employees offline for fourth day

Osur also said the Colorado Department of Transportation could negate the city’s agreement to lease the parking lot if it is not being utilized for transportation-related uses.

“CDOT can take away the lease if we allow people to live there,” he said.

Related Articles

Aspen hatchet man arrested …read more

Source:: The Denver Post

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *