Nick Viall and Vanessa Grimaldi: Is It Already Over?

Nick Viall and Vanessa Grimaldi Selfie

If the start of the public phase of Nick Viall and Vanessa Grimaldi’s relationship is any indication, they may not be long for this world.

As a couple, that is. They seem to be in fine health.

Obviously, if you saw Nick and Vanessa’s After The Final Rose interview after The Bachelor season finale, you cringed all the way through it.

Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell aside, it’s challenging to think of a more awkward public debut than Nick Viall and Vanessa Grimaldi made.

Since then, Nick has gone on to appear on Dancing With the Stars, and despite William Shatner calling for his ouster, he’s kept quiet.

Neither he nor Vanessa have given us much of an indication of the current status of their relationship, but a new interview may be telling.

The newly engaged couple will not be walking down the aisle anytime soon, The Bachelor star said this week when asked by Us Weekly.

“No, no,” Nick said regarding his wedding plans.

“Like Vanessa and I have said, it’s too early for us right now,” Nick told the magazine (as The Bachelor spoilers predicted long ago).

“We’re still just doing a lot of new things together.”

“We’re very open about the fact that we have a long way to go, and we’re excited about that journey,” Viall acknowledges.

Is that a bad thing, or harbinger of doom?

Absolutely not. Recent Bachelor duos Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell and Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth have gone that route.

Ben and Lauren have done so more publicly, but both pairs are together and working on their relationship despite not rushing marriage.

Why the assumption that Nick and Vanessa can’t do the same, and that his lack of interest in wedding plans is somehow a bad sign?

Part of the skepticism comes from the fact that Vanessa and …read more

Source:: The Hollywood Gossip

Cheryl Burke: Taking Over for Abby Lee Miller on Dance Moms!

Abby Lee Miller at a Gala

Lifetime has found a pretty big name to replace Abby Lee Miller as host of Dance Moms.

As previously announced, by Miller herself, the long-time reality show will look very different on Season 8.

Following an especially tumultuous run of episodes, along with serious turmoil in her personal life, Miller cursed off producers and resigned as host of the series on Monday morning.

But the series had already been picked up for an eighth season and the network has been adamant that it will simply move on without Miller.

According to a follow-up report by Entertainment Tonight, celebrity choreographer Laurieann Gibson was brought in as an emergency replacement at the outset of Season 8 after Miller abruptly left right before filming began.

Gibson will not be the permanent host, however.

This same news outlet has confirmed that Cheryl Burke will take over to close out the final four Season 8 episodes.

Burke, of course is best known for having been a professional Dancing with the Stars contestant for 19 seasons.

She is not competing on the ABC program this spring, however.

Without delving into specifics on Instagram, Miller WENT OFF on Dance Moms and those behind the camera this week.

It was an epic social media rant, one filled with many capital letters to represent her angry mood at the time.

“The majority of children that follow me may be fast asleep, however now is the critical time to make the following statement: I WILL NO LONGER TAKE PART IN DANCE MOMS,” Miller wrote.

She went on to sort of explain:

FOR THE PAST SIX YEARS/ SEVEN SEASONS I HAVE ASKED, BEGGED, AND EVEN DEMANDED CREATIVE CREDIT FOR ALL THE IDEAS, AWARD WINNING ROUTINES, THEMES, AND COSTUMING – TO NO AVAIL!

I don’t have a problem working with any kid, I love children and have dedicated my life to …read more

Source:: The Hollywood Gossip

Leonardo DiCaprio Pays Tribute to Darlene Cates: Read His Statement

Leonardo DiCaprio on Stage

Leonardo DiCaprio is here to say goodbye to Darlene Cates.

The veteran actor, who got his huge break on the big screen in 1993 when he played Cates’ son in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, took to Facebook on Tuesday and paid tribute to Cates.

The long-time actress died this week at the age of 69.

“Darlene was the best acting mom I ever had the privilege of working alongside,” DiCaprio wrote, adding of the actress:

“Her endearing personality and incredible talent will live on in the memories of those who knew her, and those who loved her work.

“My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time.”

Cates died on Sunday morning in her sleep. Her sister, Sheri Cates Morgan, shared the sad news on social media.

“It is with a bitter-sweet heart that we share that our precious wife, mother, and Gaga, Darlene Guthrie Cates, was called Home, somewhat unexpectedly, peacefully in her sleep Sunday morning, March 26th,” Morgan wrote.

Best known for portraying Johnny Depp and DiCaprio‘s overweight, housebound mother in the memorable film, Cates was discovered by Gilbert Grape author and screenwriter Peter Hedges.

He saw a tape of the actress on a 1985 episode of Sally Jessy Raphael titled “Too Heavy to Leave Their House.”

On the talk show at the time, Cates opened up about her battle with obesity and the pelvic infection that caused her to gain nearly 150 pounds.

Here’s a look at her on set with two actors who would go on to become A-Listers in Hollywood:

“I can do moms real well. I don’t have to delve very deep to find Mom in there,” the Texas native told The Dallas Morning News at one point in an interview about her acting.

Only 19 at the time the movie was released, DiCaprio earned his first Oscar nomination for What’s …read more

Source:: The Hollywood Gossip